MIPRO and Laboratory for Design of Program Interfaces, Internet Services and Videogames (Faculty of Organization and Informatics, Varaždin)
Mario Konecki, Mladen Konecki (Faculty of Organization and Informatics, Varaždin), Mirko Sužnjević (Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, Zagreb), Davor Švaić (Academy of Dramatic Art, Zagreb)
Mario Konecki, email@example.com (Faculty of Organization and Informatics, Varaždin)
Computer games industry has become the most prominent entertainment industry, more valuable than movie and music industry. Although the main focus of computer games industry is on entertainment, there are many other areas where computer games can be used. One of these areas is education. Gemification and computer games as a part of the learning process can positively affect the speed of learning and the motivation of students. The aim of this workshop was to discuss importance and give an overview of possibilities of using computer games in the context of education.
The workshop "The Role of Computer Games in Education" was held as a part of the "Computers in Education" conference.
Some of the questions that were answered during the workshop are:
1. How much is the computer games industry worth?
2. What is the state of the computer games industry in Croatia?
3. What are the possibilities of using computer games in education?
4. What has been done in Croatia regarding the popularization of the usage of computer games in education?
5. What are the educational opportunities in the field of computer games development in Croatia?
6. What active initiatives and projects in the field of computer games development and education currently exist in Croatia?
7. What are the examples of good practice and how to develop an educational computer game?